Spirit of Tasmania Ferry
Tasmania is a great place for a driving holiday. Taking the ferry, Devonport is only a 10km drive from the centre of Melbourne! We have reserved berths on the Spirit of Tasmania and secured a group discount.
The discount is available for any travel between now and the 1st of December 2017. The final discounted sailing would be the evening sailing on the 1st of December. You can still book for travel after the 1st of December, you just won't receive our discount.
We also have a limited number of 'protected' spaces on the ferries. This means that the ferry operator TT Line has put aside spaces for us so you can still book them even if the ferry is otherwise sold out. There are no further discounts for these dates, it just means that you can still get a space even if you leave booking until the last minute (24th of August is the last minute).
The protected spaces for Melbourne to Devonport are for evening sailings from the 4th to the 8th of November, and the day sailing on the 4th.
The protected spaces for Devonport to Melbourne are for evening sailings on the 12th and 13th of November.
- Protected space for vehicles is based on vehicles under 2.1m in height.
- Protected space for accommodation is based on Twin Porthole cabins – alternative accommodation styles & vehicle dimensions will be subject to availability at time of booking.
- Protected space will be held until close of business 24/08/2017 or until sold out.
Book your spot by visiting the Spirit of Tasmania website using our special link: https://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/offers/aeva-2017
- When booking/amending via the above link you will have access to the best available fares on the chosen sailing dates.
- All passenger, accommodation and vehicle space is subject to availability at time of booking/amending.
- TT Line fares do fluctuate and are subject to change until payment has been made and a booking number and e-ticket provided.
- Alternatively availability and bookings can be requested via their Customer Contact Centre on 132010.
- Booking and amendment fees do apply.
If you are bringing your vehicle over for the full conference experience, we'd recommend booking to arrive on the morning of the 8th of November. Our accommodation in Devonport will be available that afternoon.
If you are planning on heading home immediately after participating in the Cradle Mountain Charge, we'd recommend booking your return ferry trip for the 13th of November. If you really need to hurry then you could make the 12th of November, but you would miss out on the final part of the Cradle Mountain Charge experience.
If you are participating in one of the self-drive tours then we'd recommend booking your return journey for the 19th of November, the 26th of November or the 1st of December. The tours are designed to allow you to get to Devonport for the evening sailing on each of those days.
You can of course choose to sail any day that you like! Just book it in with TT Line using the link above.
Flying to Tasmania
There is a small airport at Devonport (5 km from the accommodation), and another at Wynyard (65 km). As these airports are small the flights from Melbourne are limited and may be expensive.
The airport at Launceston is much larger, however it is 100km away from Devonport.
We are hoping to organise some airport transfers via EV, we'll post details here when they come to hand. Otherwise you can hire a car at any of the airports.